[PD] [dsplib]: how should it be maintained?

Frank Barknecht fbar at footils.org
Tue Jun 19 22:52:30 CEST 2007

Hallo,
Steffen hat gesagt: // Steffen wrote:

> On 19/06/2007, at 21.55, Roman Haefeli wrote:
>
> > a wiki-page for streamlining the idea and a little howto-guide
> > (with the
> > stuff we already discussed) would be nice, though i don't know how to
> > create the page, respectively who as write acces to it.
>
> I think it's a matter for proposing it to he pdweb list.
> Alternatively it could go into a README. Thats what they are for, i
> think.

IIRC the wiki generally can be edited by anyone with an account.
Adding pages was a bit tricky, as there is (was?) a bug that you first
had to create a PageLink on some other page, then follow that link to
the non-existing page which would then be editable.

I'll try to setup a "Topic" similar to
http://puredata.info/community/patches etc. that automatically will
collect all patches "tagged" with a specific keyword like "tilde-lib"
or so. How to tag is described here:
http://puredata.info/docs/tutorials/HowToContribute/

> >> Question. Will all the object be like:
> >> 	input: control data
> >> 	output: signal/"audio",
> >> or will the also be ("audio manipulators") objects like:
> >> 	input: signal/"audio"
> >> 	output: singal/"audio"?
> >
> > i'd say both, any module that either generates or manipulates audio
> > signals.
>
> Cool. Then that should be added too, i think.
>
> As i see it now, based on the discussion, the lazy-consensus
> principle, the fact that no one objected against that all
> abstractions in the lib should have a help file, a README could sound:
>
> -----
> This lib, tilde, is focused on dps'ish abstractions that either
> generates or manipulates audio signals.
>
> To add to the lib either check it into _the_ cvs if you have access
> or ask someone that have access to check it in for you.
>
> All abstractions in the lib need have a corresponding help file
> documenting the inlet(s) and outlet(s).
>
> In case your abstraction have dependencies document it somewhere. In
> case the dependencies are not available anywhere and are in them self
> abstraction (ie. not externals) add them to a subfolder to not
> pollute the namespace of the lib.
> -----
>
> eh?

Perfect!!