[PD] use patches pd-list?

Enrique Erne pd at mild.ch
Wed Jun 20 12:53:01 CEST 2007

that reminds me of a question i wanted to ask for a long time.

On Jun 20, 2007, at 10:32 AM, Frank Barknecht wrote:

> I think, things like pdmtl, netpd or mMm already are one level higher
> than what I thought a dsp/tilde collection aims for. For example on
> that wiki page you see, that a several of the patches are based on
> other people's patches: For example you can find some abstractions
> Andy posted here in it, and they are used in mMm as well. As another
> example I also found some of my abstractions posted to the list in
> mMm.

sometimes people send patches to pd-list without license comment.

the question is: can i use the patches and publish it again under
gnu/lgpl ?

unfortunately i don't remember all sources. after seeing movie from
google/talks, which Kyle posted, i want to mention all the authors
in a central place and not in the patch itself. maybe in readme.txt

what do you think?

Andy, Frank, Matt (and all i forgot right now):
is it ok with you when i use some of your patches and mention:
which patches i use and where they are
in a list in readme.txt and not in the patch itself?

i want respect all authors and respect their wish.

i have used Franks list-abs a lot but i can't use it as abstraction in
netpd since 1) list-abs is no dependency of plain netpd. 2) list-abs
of corse come without version tags, then they would be treated as if
they
had a [version 0.0.0( tag.
but if a bug gets fixed this abstraction wouldn't get updated in netpd.
don't see an other way than adapt it and use it in a subpatch.

regards

Enrique