[PD] [dsplib]: how should it be maintained?

Roman Haefeli reduzierer at yahoo.de
Wed Jun 20 14:49:52 CEST 2007

On Wed, 2007-06-20 at 04:50 +0200, Patco wrote:

>  It's true that things might be a lot more complicated if net-pd users
> starts to build net-pd objects with using pd-extended distro, and jam
> with people that are using net-pd distro.

things are more complicated then, absolutely, but:
a) i don't want to restrict the use of netpd
b) more important: i cannot restrict the use of netpd.

>  I guess you start to see how it might be important to have a kind of
> coordinator for the patch sharing.

i disagree, that this would be necessary. netpd just states that it
could be assumed, that on every client zexy, maxlib, iemmatrix, iemlib1,
iemlib2, iemabs, iem_t3_lib (the latter - like zexy - seems to be
obsolete now) is installed,
let's say a group of people starts a project based on gem/netpd, i
wouldn't want to hinder them in any way.

also i do not say, that netpd will always stick with these externals in
the future and possibly the policy will change, so that it will be usual
to use any external thanks to pd-extended. as for know, i try to keep
things as simple as possible, so that anyone can use netpd without
having technical issues (also pd-extended users, course). as long as it
works, it is fun. and i do believe, that - when considering doing music
- you already can do a lot with the actual externals and pd's builtin
objects, it is only a matter of how to use them.

roman