[PD] Any relation between pidip and Gem??

IOhannes m zmoelnig zmoelnig at iem.at
Thu Jun 21 16:01:35 CEST 2007

hi

Yves Degoyon wrote:
> hola,
>

>>> "pidip is searching for libquicktime at the wrong place"

you should read the entire sentence in my original mail.
it said "it seems like pidip is searching for libquicktime at the wrong
place", which - to my limited knowledge of the english language -
expresses an uncertainty about the information on my side (just to
stress it: the important part is the "it seems")

> is an affirmation, unjustified and not founded at all,

i believe, that expressing uncertainty is _not_ an affirmation.

> that's where the abuse is, unverified information.

this is an interesting definition of "abuse".
after a bit of research it seems (sic!) like you are referring to
something along the lines of the "verbal abuse" article at wikipedia[1].
all in all i am not entirely sure, who is the abused one.

what i believe is true, however, is that we both belong to the group of
people who "engage in fierce argument, validating the hostility by
mirroring it." [1]

> and now something totally different :
> what's the status of the moonlibs
> http://www.moonix.freesurf.fr/ ?
> did a. rousseau gave up pd?
> is it included in pd.-extended? in cvs?

not to my knowledge (brabbling again...), but since you have write
access to the pd-cvs, you could just add it (the license seems(!) to be
LGPL, but i have checked only a random sample; probably it would be good
to contact a. rousseau before doing so)

mfg.asdr
IOhannes

[1] http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Verbal_abuse