[PD] Any relation between pidip and Gem??

Javier García tirengarfio at hotmail.com
Thu Jun 21 22:26:42 CEST 2007

Hi,

IOhannes m zmoelnig wrote:

>have you compiled pidip yourself? (or updated quicktime after you
>compiled pidip?)

I didn't compiled pidip by myself. I have been installing some mov codecs.

>it seems like pidip is searching for libquicktime at the wrong place
>(where it cannot find it); Gem seems to find it, so pidip can re-use the
>bindings made available for Gem.
>
>try:
>~> ldd /path/to/my/pidip.pd_linux

When i try to locate pidip.pd_linux, the terminal shows this:

/usr/lib/pd/extra/pidip.pd_linux
/usr/local/lib/pd/extra/pidip/pidip.pd_linux
/usr/local/Pd-0.39.2-extended-test7/lib/pd/extra/pidip/pidip.pd_linux

Im not sure but i think i have at least to releases of puredata installed. I
had problems installing puredata the first time... For example I dont know
what of those two releases I open when i write "pd". How can i know it?

Anyway, because of the problems that two releases together could give me,
should i uninstall every releases and install pd again?

br
Javi