[PD] Extracting textfile columns for audio

toby zardoz toby_zardoz at yahoo.co.uk
Fri Jun 22 13:11:56 CEST 2007

  Hello PD list
  I'm trying to extract one of three number columns from a text file to drive the pitch of an audio oscillator.
  I have the .txt file reading all 3 columns of numbers into an array at present but I only want the second column.
  Ideally I'd like to extract the 2nd column before being read into the array but another solution in this case may also be limiting the numbers read from the array to the oscillator to within a particular range (i.e. the number value range of the 2nd column; 840 - 890). Though the latter wouldn't provide a pure solution it would be workable in this case.
  As you may have guessed, I'm grapping with pd fundamentals here as an abolute beginner, so I'd really appreciate any suggestions/ patch examples/ explanations etc.
  thanks
  Toby