[PD] Extracting textfile columns for audio

Frank Barknecht fbar at footils.org
Fri Jun 22 14:51:03 CEST 2007

Hallo,
toby zardoz hat gesagt: // toby zardoz wrote:

> I'm trying to extract one of three number columns from a text file
> to drive the pitch of an audio oscillator.

> I have the .txt file reading all 3 columns of numbers into an
> array at present but I only want the second column.

I don't yet understand why you are reading the numbers into an array?

Anyway, assuming you use [textfile] to read in the file, you can
extract the middle number of each row using a message box with [$2( in
it.

An alternative approach is to load your external data into data
structures. That's a bit more advanced, but very flexible.

Ciao