[PD] Problems using M-Audio Soundcards with a Dell Laptop Computer

Isidro Gonzalez isidro_gonsoy at yahoo.com
Fri Jun 22 16:07:18 CEST 2007

After making tedious and exhaustive tests I finally
discovered that using an M-Audio Audiophile Firewire
Sound Card connected to a Dell Inspiron Laptop
produces random little chirps while recordings that
are -to my present knowledge- unavoidable and due to
some kind of incompatibility between those two
devices.
Of course I did all the Audio optimizations on the
system required and recommended. The Customer Service
of M-Audio said laconically that "it may be likely an
IRQ conflict" and gave me elemmental and useless
advices already known by any newbie computer user.
I tried to reconfigure all the system and to leave the
less IRQ in use as possible. It did not work either.
The curious thing is that with other laptops I had no
problem recording with the Audiophile Sound Card while
using a different sound card (Old but very good Edirol
UA-5) I could use the Dell Laptop successfuly.
If you are experiencing a similar problem and can tell
something about I will appreciate any help.
Anyway, think it twice if you have a Dell Laptop and
you are to buy an M-Audio Sound Card or vice-versa...
:)
Most Cordially
Isi