[PD] arduino+solenoid concert

Thomas O Fredericks tof at danslchamp.org
Fri Jun 22 15:16:21 CEST 2007

> "So, SMS is signicantly slower because it uses ASCII conversion ?
> Interesting. Even at high baud rates ?"

SMS is aimed at ease of use and precision. Although I am surprised to ear
about SMS's and Pduino's speed problems.

I made an installation with an SSC-32 servo controller controlling 24 servos
connected to PD. The SSC-32 is based on the SAME chip as the Arduino and
uses a communication protocol VERY similar to SMS and I never experienced
any problems.

Maybe you are not keeping your messages simple enough?
Or maybe the big difference was that I was using a hardware serial port and
not a USB>Serial chip/converter.

Tom

thomas ouellet fredericks, tof at danslchamp.org, montreal, canada