[PD] dropout save metro

Frank Barknecht fbar at footils.org
Fri Jun 22 19:20:34 CEST 2007

Hallo,
Enrique Erne hat gesagt: // Enrique Erne wrote:

> has anybody built a dropout save metro ... say if pd freezes for a
> while and comes back that the metro would still be in sync with the
> 'outside' world. that would be very nice in a life situation.
>
> some ideas ? do you think it can be done in plain pd?

Some quick ideas: Use an external metro and receive it with
netreceive/OSC. This will be quantized to message blocks of course,
but maybe OSC timestamps can be used.

jack_transport: Will only work on systems with jack. I don't know, if
there's an external available, but it shouldn't be too hard to write.

[adc~]: Use a click signal coming in over [adc~]. Advantage: This will
not be quantized. But you need some objects to make use of these
signal clicks. Eric Lyon wrote some, they are in CVS.

Ciao