[PD] Turning on/off an installation

B. Bogart ben at ekran.org
Fri Jun 22 20:11:27 CEST 2007

Hi Alexandre,

I've always kept my machines on, and my projectors/screens are the
things that get switched on and off. Most of my installations deal with
previous days anyhow...

I've has installations running for many weeks on constantly.

The current one uses [shell] to turn dpms on and off on the monitor to
make it suspend, and turns off the camera movement according to a
schedule in the patch.

Are you worried about wearing out the HW? (mechanical parts?)

B. Bogart