[PD] [GEM]: GL Shader Language

cyrille henry cyrille.henry at la-kitchen.fr
Sat Jun 23 14:16:38 CEST 2007

Alexandre Quessy a écrit :
> Eh Jack !
> Very nice examples, yes. Cyrille, do you think that one should
> understand C programming in order to use Pd? I don't.
i don't see your point here.
glsl programming is not very diferent from C. So, understanding C is good for learning glsl.
but you don't nead glsl in order to use pd.
you just need glsl if you want to do very heavy pixel processing at 50fps / 1024x768 without using any  CPU time by exemple.

> Of course, its
> low-level orientation makes it perfect for someone to learn lower
> level stuff.
>
> Anyways, I added an abstraction for shaders in the PdMtlAbstractions.
> See https://devel.goto10.org/pdmtl/browser/trunk/pdmtl/gems

cut / paste the help file is (for me) easier to use, as i usually put the shader in in the same directory as my patch, so i don't nead to provide the full path for the shader. (and the patch could run on other computer without changing all path).
is there a solution for an abstraction to know the directory of it's parent patch?

cyrille