[PD] Turning on/off an installation

Kyle Klipowicz kyleklip at gmail.com
Sat Jun 23 17:41:37 CEST 2007

Thanks for the information Simon! A few more details I'd like to ask
you if you don't mind.

On 6/23/07, simon wise <simonxwise at hotmail.com> wrote:
> 1/  make sure your file system is journalled (it is by default) - use
> Disk Utility
> 2/  set 'Restart automatically after power failure' in
> SystemPreferences:EnergySaver:Options
> 3/  set a schedule for automatic sleeps etc in
> SystemPreferences:EnergySaver:Schedule
> 4/  set system to login to YourUser automatically in
> SystemPreferences:Accounts:LoginOptions

These are all simple enough, but what about this next one?

> 5/  set Pd to start or a script to run on login in
> SystemPreferences:Accounts:YourUser:LoginItems

I looked into /LIbrary/StartupItems/iScroll2 for a startup example.
Would I just modify the following shell script and create a
/Library/StartupItems/Pd to get things working?
--------
#!/bin/sh

daemonpath="/Library/StartupItems/iScroll2"
daemonname="iScroll2Daemon"
daemonpidfile="/var/run/${daemonname}.pid"

. /etc/rc.common

StartService ()
{
    ConsoleMessage "Starting iScroll2"
    "${daemonpath}/${daemonname}"
    ConsoleMessage -S
}

StopService ()
{
    ConsoleMessage "Stopping iScroll2"
    kill $(cat "${daemonpidfile}")
    ConsoleMessage -S
}

RestartService () { StopService; StartService; }

--------

How well would this work with a bundled *.app file, say
Pd-extended.app? How do I choose the proper patch to launch?

Thanks a lot for any answers you can provide, I've never had to deal
with this before so I am learning a ton from the advice on this list.

~Kyle

--
-----