[PD] Turning on/off an installation

Max Neupert abonnements at revolwear.com
Sat Jun 23 23:31:18 CEST 2007

Am 23.06.2007 um 02:52 schrieb simon wise:

> On 23 Jun 2007, at 7:20 AM, Kyle Klipowicz wrote:
>
>> Does anyone have a similar workflow for OS X? I am struggling with
>> this problem right now for an installation I've helped with.(
>
> OSX seems very tolerant of just turning the power off, at least my
> laptop has a faulty connector to the battery and has lost power and
> crashed many times without problems rebooting, and a few
> installations I've got running do get turned off from time to time
> accidentally without problems rebooting.
> Settings are:
>
> 1/  make sure your file system is journalled (it is by default) - use
> Disk Utility
> 2/  set 'Restart automatically after power failure' in
> SystemPreferences:EnergySaver:Options
> 3/  set a schedule for automatic sleeps etc in
> SystemPreferences:EnergySaver:Schedule
> 4/  set system to login to YourUser automatically in
> SystemPreferences:Accounts:LoginOptions
> 5/  set Pd to start or a script to run on login in
> SystemPreferences:Accounts:YourUser:LoginItems

to 5: chris pointed it out that it's much easier with the login items.

a museum had one insallation of mine and just pulled the plug every
evening. i asked them to rethink the strategy.

here is a patch which makes Gem fullscreen on startup.
BEWARE: you must have exposé corners enabled otherwhise there is no
way out on osx.