[PD] pd-extended 39-2 rc3 spectral crash

Kevin McCoy km.takewithyou at gmail.com
Mon Jun 25 20:51:35 CEST 2007

OK - I finally got the patch open and removed the vectral~ part.
Played with it for about 20 minutes and no crash.  It seems that is
what is causing the problem insofar as I can tell because with
vectral~, it crashes almost immediately.  My reasoning could be flawed
here though?  Hans, I know you mentioned to me that the fix you did to
get del/sqrt working had to do with vectorization... does vectral~
then need a fix for that reason?  It is from the cyclone lib, and for
what it's worth is included standard in pd >=.40

It's an important component for spectral work because it allows
attack/release on the bins, making a much smoother and natural
sounding effect for vocoding, gating, and other fft-based
transformation.  I am not a C programmer, but let me know if I can
help in any other way.

Kevin