[PD] [hid] resolution

danja binary.koala at gmail.com
Tue Jun 26 00:16:40 CEST 2007

Hi there,
I'm wondering about [hid] resolution, is [poll( something that has to do
with it? In the installation i'm busy with few mice are often moved over
a long distance (~1m) and often rather quick. I notice that after some
certain movement speed the response goes very low. Of course this has to
do with the resolution of the mouse itself, but after few comparisons
with movements using driver of Xorg I suspect [hid] get's less DPI (CPI).
Can it be that Xorg mouse driver has presets for different kinds of mice
and it enables often available hi-res mode (logitech e.g. has a
xorg.conf 'Option "Resolution" "1200"'), when [hid] uses 'default'
400dpi for any sort of mouse?

Any idea how to improve mouse response speed will be very much appreciated,
thanks,
Danja