[PD] [GEM]: GL Shader Language

Alexandre Quessy listes at sourcelibre.com
Tue Jun 26 08:12:30 CEST 2007

HI Cyrille and others.

I modified the abstraction to make opening the two files easier. It
uses file/parentfolder from the PdMtlAbstractions. (try it !! It
answers your question)

For the C programming and such, I just meant that it is nice if we can
tend to make Pd easier to use for people that are not that much used
to advanced programming. A good documentation and a nice structure
helps a lot...

2007/6/23, cyrille henry <cyrille.henry at la-kitchen.fr>:

> Alexandre Quessy a écrit :
> > Eh Jack !
> > Very nice examples, yes. Cyrille, do you think that one should
> > understand C programming in order to use Pd? I don't.
> i don't see your point here.
> glsl programming is not very diferent from C. So, understanding C is good for learning glsl.
> but you don't nead glsl in order to use pd.
> you just need glsl if you want to do very heavy pixel processing at 50fps / 1024x768 without using any  CPU time by exemple.
>

> > Of course, its
> > low-level orientation makes it perfect for someone to learn lower
> > level stuff.
> >
> > Anyways, I added an abstraction for shaders in the PdMtlAbstractions.
> > See https://devel.goto10.org/pdmtl/browser/trunk/pdmtl/gems
>
> cut / paste the help file is (for me) easier to use, as i usually put the shader in in the same directory as my patch, so i don't nead to provide the full path for the shader. (and the patch could run on other computer without changing all path).
> is there a solution for an abstraction to know the directory of it's parent patch?
>
> cyrille

> > 2007/6/19, jack at rybn.org <jack at rybn.org>:
> >> Yep, very interesting example !
> >> You can "boost" Gem with glsl object.
> >> Is there workshop in Paris about that Cyrille ?
> >> I think, that it would be interesting to do.
> >>
> >> Jack

> >> here :

> >> shader

> >> on Mar