[PD] using bonk to trigger piezo sensors

Andy Farnell padawan12 at obiwannabe.co.uk
Wed Jun 27 03:09:41 CEST 2007

On Tue, 26 Jun 2007 13:35:13 +0200
"henrik wurster" <henrik.wurster at gmail.com> wrote:

Sorry to miss this essential bit Henrik,

Yes, that's exactly what [bonk~] does. First play them (training)
from the table using a [tabread~] sample player into [bonk~].
Then apply your live signals. However I am a bit confused
about what your input signal actually is now.

Can you please clarify what signals are at each step by explaining
the operation you desire. Hitting the bongo/piezo will give you
a short impulse with ringing (resonance) at the drum frequency.

What does this have to do with recognising the samples?

It seems you want to map drum hits on to one or more bang
messages to trigger one shot sample replays, perhaps using
impact intensity (velocity) or pulses from more than one
piezo trigger to make the selection.

Is that correct?

--
Use the source