[PD] CVS connect error?

Antti Poikola antti.poikola at tml.hut.fi
Wed Jun 27 14:55:18 CEST 2007

So far I have used only the libraries, that are included in the
pd-extended, but this morning many hours ago I decided to try how to
make the ANN (artificial neural networks) library work in PD.

I had some initial problems and asked help from Davide Morelli, the cool
developer of ANN, who replied me quickly. He told me to use the source
files of ANN and compile them. In order to get those files I would need
CVS... things are getting more complicated you see :)

So I downloaded and installed the tortoisecvs (
http://www.tortoisecvs.org/ ) and tried to check out (cvs slang for
downloading) the ANN sources with the following settings:
http://www.tml.tkk.fi/~apoikola/images/tortoisecvs.JPG

Unfortunately I got the error message:
CVSROOT=:pserver:anonymous at cvs.sourceforge.net:/cvsroot/pure-data

connect to cvs.sourceforge.net:2401 failed: A socket operation was
attempted to an unreachable host.
Error, CVS operation failed

I found the old message posted to this list few years ago:
http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.comp.multimedia.puredata.general/20689/focus=20725

My question remains: do I use the correct settings in tortoisecvs or is
there some other like sourceforge server related problem?

-Antti