[PD] dumpOSC from oscx (howto debug a connection?)

alejo d alejoduque at gmail.com
Thu Jun 28 01:27:14 CEST 2007

hi,

we will like to understand why our OSCdump tests are failing.

since the object just needs one argument (the port)

[dumpOSC 54321]

[print test]

as don't see the port 54321 being opened in the syslog and nmap doesn't show
it as an open port we cannot be sure why data still passes by when we try
via localhost:

[send localhost 54321(

[sendOSC]

and messages are passing.

next step is to check the firewall, turn it off or allow packets to via the
port 54321 in the corresponding IP. but still no flow from external
packages.

what else can we try to debug and understand where is that the packects are
being trapped?

suggestions for linux, os x and windows are welcome since we have tried in
those 3 platforms and from different places/countries with no luck yet.

tx!

/alejo