[PD] External with inline code snippet

Claude Heiland-Allen claudiusmaximus at goto10.org
Sat Jun 30 03:51:02 CEST 2007

Carlos Pita wrote:
> Hi all,
> I want to write an external that will evaluate a bit of scheme code,
> something along the venue of expr~ but adding the possibility of
> evaluate simple control structures too (but inline, not in external
> scripts as is the case of pyext). What kind of parameter should I
> declare for my external constructor? If I declared A_GIMME, can I assume
> that the code will have been splitted just at whitespaces and so it's
> safe to reassemble it joining the fragments?
> Thank you in advance.
> Cheers,
> Carlos

If expr/expr~/fexpr~ can do it, it must be possible.

However, these characters are treated specially by Pd:

\
{
}
$
;
,

which may cause problems...

I want to do the same for Haskell, and all of those characters are part
of the common syntax.  Guess I need to write a preprocessor...

Claude
--
http://claudiusmaximus.goto10.org