[PD] not working with asla card 2

Atwood, Robert C r.atwood at imperial.ac.uk
Sat Jun 30 15:32:12 CEST 2007

Hi folks:
I discovered that my pd installation(s) on my desktop does not work with my alsa card 2. However, other applications
including JACK and mplayer -ao alsa device=hw=2  work correctly.

I am not quite sure when it stopped working, -- lately I've been playing with the laptop/ua25 and had not run pd on the destop for a while.

I noticed when trying to install desire-data , then went back to vanilla PD and found it does not work either

I had 0.39 installed from vanilla, so I also tried getting 0.40.2 and found that when running this version, card2 does not even show up in the menu at all. (media | audio settings) This is also the case with the Debian package version puredata_0.40.2-2_i386.deb

Card 0 = dummy
card 1 = virmidi
card 2 = Sb Live!

I swear it was working before !

Any ideas ... ? or, a pointer on how to get the card to come up as card 0 instead of card 2 ?