[PD] [ot][hardware] mini-itx

Derek Holzer derek at umatic.nl
Sat Jun 30 18:45:56 CEST 2007

Hi Kevin,

yes, you're on the right track. Actually, the Audiopint site that David
posted is a good introduction:

http://audiopint.org/

Basically, I've had it with "laptop performances", where the interface
just drags the performer into his/her own little world behind the
screen. I know I'm not alone in this. I've been using my analog synth
more and more lately, with the laptop on stage just as an auxiliary
effects unit.

My next project should use only footswitches and theremin antennae as an
interface, with maybe a few LEDS or a very small LCD screen for minimal
visual feedback. No more laptop to get broken, since it will go in a
nice sturdy flightcase, and no more screen to hide behind...

best,
d.

Kevin McCoy wrote:
>> I'm currently shopping around for a small motherboard that I can put in
>> a "headless" (no screen, mouse, keyboard) box as a laptop replacement
>> for live performance.
>
> This sounds really interesting, but I guess I am not grasping the
> particulars of it... how does this work for performance?  Do you do
> all the programming beforehand and have it load a couple of patches on
> startup that have built in spots for external control??  Would love to
> see some vids or more pics

derek holzer ::: http://www.umatic.nl ::: http://blog.myspace.com/macumbista
---Oblique Strategy # 25:
"Cascades"