[PD] External with inline code snippet

Chris McCormick chris at mccormick.cx
Sun Jul 1 05:59:16 CEST 2007

On Sat, Jun 30, 2007 at 10:55:20AM +0200, Frank Barknecht wrote:
> Chris McCormick hat gesagt: // Chris McCormick wrote:
> > 5. You might win an award for the first practical use of the scheme
> > language. ;)
>
> Maybe not: Larry Troxler wrote a scheme external some years ago:
> http://www.westnet.com/~lt/pd/
>
> And Kjetil Matheussen did k_guile and thanks to him you also can use
> Snd in Pd:
> http://ccrma.stanford.edu/software/snd/snd/grfsnd.html#sndwithpd

Right you are, Frank! That was a poorly researched joke on my behalf. One
thing missing from these previous great works is an in-line scheme
interpreter a la expr style.  Maybe Larry's existing work with SIOD could
be used for that. As usual I am too lazy to lift a single coding finger
to contribute anything except feature requests.

Rgds,

Chris.