[PD] [GEM]: GL Shader Language

cyrille henry cyrille.henry at la-kitchen.fr
Sun Jul 1 18:08:06 CEST 2007

chris clepper a écrit :
> On 6/30/07, Hans-Christoph Steiner <hans at eds.org> wrote:
>>

>> Do you know of any example patches for varying geometries using
>> shaders in
>> Gem? I'd like to see that kind of stuff.
>>

> The shaders Cyrille posted includes one that deforms geometry.  I think I
> have one that does the same as the [newWave] object but that requires
> uploading a mesh using a vertex_array object or a premade model.
you mean that the physical model is computed on the GPU?
i'm reaaly interested to see it. my physical model on the GPU are quite limited (like the wave exemple i send).

> With so much interest in shaders we will have to consider some objects to
> facilitate getting large amounts of geometry up to the GPU.
i think a [mesh x y] object that create a x * y flat mesh would be a good start.

i'll have time to work on it in 1 or 2 week.

cyrille