[PD] [writesf~] sample rate problem?

Roman Haefeli reduzierer at yahoo.de
Mon Jul 2 00:40:10 CEST 2007

hello tim

there is no '-rate' flag for [writesf~], since it doesn't do any
sampling rate conversion. it just uses the sampling rate of pd. it
wouldn't make much sense to upsample for recording (e.g. 44100 ->
96000Hz) anyway.

in other words: you need to run pd at the desired samplerate. if you
want to record with 96000Hz, run pd with '-r 96000'.  BUT this still
doesn't always guarantee, that pd will effectively run with the desired
sampling rate. sometimes it is needed to set the clock of the audio card
to the desired rate by the preferences menu of the soundcard (sometimes
the application just changes the samplingrate setting of the card on the
fly).
for example on my system, when i want to record at 96kHz, i need to set
my hdsp-card to 96kHz, so that jackd runs at 96kHz, so that pd runs at
96kHz, so that i can record in pd with 96kHz. got it?

if that doesn't help you already, please tell us, on what os you work
and which soundcard/driver you use.

roman