[PD] il 1 of 73 Older > question regarding pkg-config and aubio installation to work with PD

IOhannes m zmoelnig zmoelnig at iem.at
Mon Jul 2 09:56:40 CEST 2007

tania habib wrote:
> I tried it but it does not seem to do the job!
> Anyways I am running out of ideas, do not know how to fix this permission
> denied bug.

i guess this is rather simple a thing of not having execute permissions
(i guess hfs(+) doess have such a thing)

so the questions are:
- do the files that cannot be executed exist at all? (e.g. is there a
./check-cflags where it should be?)
- do the files have the correct permissions? on most unix filesystems
you need to have the "execute" bit set in order to execute a file.
e.g. do an "ls -l" in the directory of question.

e.g when i do this (in my favourite fake directory), i get:

drwxr-x--- 2 zmoelnig iemusers 4,0K 2007-07-02 09:54 .
drwx------ 7 zmoelnig iemusers 4,0K 2007-07-02 09:53 ..
-rwxr----- 1 zmoelnig iemusers 8,0K 2007-07-02 09:54 bar.sh
-rw-r----- 1 zmoelnig iemusers 9,0K 2007-07-02 09:54 foo.sh

as you can see, the "bar.sh" has the x(ecutable) flag, set, whereas the
foo.sh has not; thus i can "run" ./bar.sh, but running ./foo.sh will
result in a "no permissions" error.

mfg.asdr
IOhannes