[PD] External with inline code snippet

Carlos Pita carlosjosepita at gmail.com
Mon Jul 2 18:09:25 CEST 2007

> (i) the code is not given at creation time, so if the number of
> > inlets/outlets is to be inferred from it, pd objects should support
> > adding/removing of inlets/outlets after object initialization. Is this
> > possible?

> what do you gain from that?

Nothing. I don't want to update the code in the objects once created, just
that I couldn't enter it into an embedded textbox during initialization the
same as I do with normal objects. Instead a dialog should be provided to
enter the code snippet an then pass it to the object constructor. Or
alternatively code should be allowed to change so that I can enter it
afterwards. I can't see another option.

Thank you for your answers, have been very valuable.

Cheers,
Carlos