[PD] debian/ubuntu package for Pd-extended

victor vdaigu at gmail.com
Mon Jul 2 20:56:39 CEST 2007

Congratulation for idea.

> I am here in Zaragoza, Spain at the gohan workshop.  I am impressed
> by how many people here are running Debian/Ubuntu.  It was the most
> popular OS at the workshop!  This also made me realize what a mess
> that Pd-extended installer was.  So here is my first attempt to
> rectify the situation, I made a .deb.  Please test it out:
>
> http://idmi.poly.edu/pdlab/Pd-0.39.2-extended-rc4/Pd-0.39.2-extended-
> rc4.deb

 we are adding documentation for PD in spanish to puredata-es wiki. Thinking
of course, specialy, in GNU/Linux users. (future is open  source)
http://puredata.lynksee.com/wiki/Documentaci%C3%B3n_sobre_Pure_Data

I hope to announce a deb package of pd-extended nextly, whould be nice!

>From same wiki, We  advice to install those nexts dependences:

   sudo apt-get install make liba52-0.7.4 libjack0.100.0-0 libmpeg3-1 \
   libquicktime0 libgsl0 libmagick++9c2a libmagick9 libmpeg1 jackeq jack-rack \
   qjackctl jackd lame libavifile-0.7c2 libimlib2

after to install your  standard extended package from your web.
http://puredata.lynksee.com/wiki/C%C3%B3mo_instalar_Pure_Data#Pure_Data_Extended_en_Debian.2FUbuntu

Any help for to have a  good instruction for to install pd-extended in
spanish, is wellcome.
(we need more translators)