[PD] nogui mode WAS: Re: debian/ubuntu package for Pd-extended

IOhannes m zmoelnig zmoelnig at iem.at
Tue Jul 3 12:56:18 CEST 2007

Hans-Christoph Steiner wrote:
> I cc'ed the list since this is off general interest:
>
> This distro will work fine in -nogui mode.  Just specify the -nogui
> flag.  The next release of this package will include the script /etc/
> init.d/pd which helps you run Pd as a background daemon.

i think it would be interesting to split pd and pd-gui into 2 separate
packages (pd recommending pd-gui, pd-gui probably depending on pd (but
not necessarily)).

right now, you can run pd with "-nogui", but due to all the dependencies
in the package, you will have to install X, tk and so on. (correct me if
i am wrong, i haven't checked)

fgmasdr
IOhannes