[PD] dumpOSC feature request

Stephen Sinclair radarsat1 at gmail.com
Tue Jul 3 17:47:20 CEST 2007

> I totally agree, this is a good outline of how it should work for all
> objects.  If it loads and then doesn't do anything, at least you can
> open the help patch.

Exactly.

> Before putting too much effort into the messy dumpOSC/sendOSC, you
> should check out Martin Peach's OSC and network objects.

I haven't really used them yet, but since they are more actively
developed, I suppose a decision should be made at some point about
whether to leave dumpOSC/sendOSC in Pd?

Since the mrpeach objects don't include both network and OSC stuff in
the same object, perhaps replacement objects could be created using
his routines, a simple mash-up of the peach udpsend/receive and his
packOSC routines.  Perhaps it could even be done as an abstraction.

Would there be any point doing that?

Mainly I just think it would be simpler if we standardized on a single
OSC implementation..
But then again it would be some work just to replace objects that we
already have.

Steve