[PD] pdmtl abstractions questions and comments

Chris McCormick chris at mccormick.cx
Wed Jul 4 06:58:10 CEST 2007

On Tue, Jul 03, 2007 at 01:00:34PM -0400, Mathieu Bouchard wrote:
> >Yes, everything does have to be in a category. This constraint makes
> >for an environment that is especially useful for newbies and resolves
> >a lot of conflicts.
>
> verb/is article/this noun/sentence adjective/easier prep/to verb/read ?

Written english is quite different in application and parsing to
objectboxes in the Puredata patching language. In my opinion the
directory prefix adds to the understanding of what an objectbox is
doing by adding context, whilst in your example above the context is
inherent in the rules of the language and hence clumsy, confusing,
and redundant. I think you are comparing apples and oranges, and the
comparison is not a good argument against directory prefixes in object
boxes.

> What about http://artengine.ca/desiredata/gallery/completions2.gif ?

That is really cool.

Best,