[PD] [GEM] Problems with "homer.avi" and "anim-1.mov" on thesimplest patch

Derek Holzer derek at umatic.nl
Wed Jul 4 22:04:09 CEST 2007

To which someone might reply:

What platform?
Which PD version? Extended? Self-compiled?

Could have something to do with the video codecs on your system, but not
knowing anything about how you installed PD and on what kind of OS makes
it hard for anyone to give a comment.

d.

Javier García wrote:
> Hi,
>
> any idea? any comment?
>

>> From: Javier García <tirengarfio at hotmail.com>
>> To: tirengarfio at hotmail.com, PD-list at iem.at
>> Subject: RE: [PD] [GEM] Problems with "homer.avi" and "anim-1.mov" on
>> thesimplest patch
>> Date: Sat, 30 Jun 2007 20:31:23 +0200
>>
>> Sorry, i forgot attaching the file..here it is
>>
>>> From: Javier García <tirengarfio at hotmail.com>
>>> To: PD-list at iem.at
>>> Subject: [PD] [GEM] Problems with "homer.avi" and "anim-1.mov" on
>>> thesimplest patch
>>> Date: Sat, 30 Jun 2007 20:14:57 +0200
>>>
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> I can't see correctly  "anim-1.mov" or "homer.avi" which is at
>>> /doc/examples/Gem/data/ with the simplest GEM patch to play a movie
>>> (attached).
>>>
>>> It seems something lacks to handle correctly the channels.
>>>
>>> I know there is some wroten about video formats at the Gem's FAQ, but if
>>> they are the Gem's samples I suppose the files are correct.
>>>
>>> ¿Is the patch uncorrect? ¿Are the files uncorrect?
>>>

>>> br.
>>> Javi

>> Un amor, una aventura, compañía para un viaje. Regístrate gratis en MSN
>> Amor & Amistad. http://match.msn.es/match/mt.cfm?pg=channel&tcid=162349
>

>> << simplestgem.pd >>

derek holzer ::: http://www.umatic.nl ::: http://blog.myspace.com/macumbista
---Oblique Strategy # 11: