[PD] GEM: multitexturing in GEM

vade doktorp at mac.com
Fri Jul 6 07:01:39 CEST 2007

Chris, thanks very much for looking into this. Im very curious why
the GLSL shaders work in Jitter, and even more so why they do not
work in Apples shader builder. Thats very interesting... as the code
im using is pretty straightforward (although I agree slightly ackward
in specifics)

If it would be in any way helpful, would you want me to ask specific
questions to the Jitter devs regarding their implementation and any
work arounds ? Id be more than happy to act as an interface, im sure
they would be happy to help if they can. Apologies if that is an
awkward request, im just trying to expedite a solution.

Thanks again for taking the time to check this out.

On Jul 5, 2007, at 10:11 PM, chris clepper wrote:

> I managed to take a look at GLSL and multi-texturing for a few
> minutes.  Here's what I found:
>
> 1) ARB_fragment works exactly as expected with multiple texture
> units in GEM
> 2) GLSL does not work with the same GL setup commands in GEM
> 3) Apple's ShaderBuilder does not work with Anton's shader nor any
> example shaders I tried with multiple textures
> 4) Shader builder works exactly as expected using ARB_fragment
>
> This is with a G5 and Nvidia GPU.  I won't get back to this until
> Monday, but I suspect that some setup calls need to be updated or
> changed to match what the drivers want in order to access multiple
> textures.
>
> For what it's worth, I only use ARB_fragment shaders in my own
> work.   They seem to work better and more efficiently.  I can post
> some shaders next week if anyone is interested.
>
> On 7/5/07, vade <doktorp at mac.com> wrote:
> sorry. let me clarify. long work day does not make me clear.
>
> switching texunit switches the textures. however, mixing only
> occurs between unit 0 and unit 0. Not between unit 0 and 1.
>
> this is with Cyrille's patch.
>
> Thanks.

v a d e //

www.vade.info