[PD] nogui mode WAS: Re: debian/ubuntu package for

Roman Haefeli reduzierer at yahoo.de
Fri Jul 6 12:22:16 CEST 2007

On Fri, 2007-07-06 at 05:54 -0400, Chris McCormick wrote:
> On Thu, Jul 05, 2007 at 10:59:47PM -0400, Mathieu Bouchard wrote:
> > Now, what about putting each object class of pd in a different package?
>
> I am assuming you mean a different package for each [osc~] [cos] [+]
> etc.
>
> > This would give the user a lot more choice, modularity is flexibility.
>
> But it doesn't seem very practical. Can you tell me of any user who wants
> that amount of flexibilty and choice?

i'd say, matju's question was more a rhetorical one. why not giving each
object class its own pacakage, since this would give you the highest
possible amount of flexibility?

i personally would enjoy separate packages for pd and pd-gui, but i most
often compile pd myself, so either way wouldn't harm me much. however, i
suppose everyone could live with either way.

roman