[PD] unposting text from the console.

Mathieu Bouchard matju at artengine.ca
Fri Jul 6 20:10:31 CEST 2007

On Fri, 6 Jul 2007, pd-list-request at iem.at wrote:

> Miller Puckette a écrit :
>> I recommend in French to call it, "dP", in order to avoid confusion...
> In french "dp" would sound "des pets" and would mean, 'some farts',
> humoristicaly, PatCo.

Ok, now I understand why Miller suggested "dP". In Canada, that
interpretation is impossible, because «é» e aigu is still very much
distinct from «è» e grave, but also because "t" is pronounced in "pet",
which distinguishes it from "des paix" ("some peaces"). "des paies" is
also pronounced differently, as it rhymes with "bouteille", "pareille".
"des" is understood both ways, but if you don't pronounce it like letter D
it will sound abnormally formal.

AFAIK, the dictionary also makes those distinctions, but Paris-influenced
French is losing them, while Québec French retains them all and introduces
new ones.

So, where I live, "dp" doesn't sound directly like anything else than
letters.