[PD] nogui mode WAS: Re: debian/ubuntu package for

Chris McCormick chris at mccormick.cx
Mon Jul 9 07:39:06 CEST 2007

On Fri, Jul 06, 2007 at 11:15:05AM -0400, Mathieu Bouchard wrote:
> If we compare pd-extended to how Debian/Ubuntu packages are structured for
> programming languages like Perl, Python, Tcl, Ruby, PHP, etc., then
> pd-extended would be a few dozen packages already.

That seems the most sensible approach for Pd in Debian to me - several
packages; one for each group of similar externals and each libray. One
package for each object class, if you want to call them that, seems
like overkill though. Infact in Debian Etch you can currently install:

gem - Graphics Environment for Multimedia - PureData library
pd-aubio - aubio external for PureData
puredata - realtime computer music and graphics system
pd-zexy - Addon library for Pd

Not sure exactly why we're having this conversation since it seems to be
taken care of quite capably by GG already.

Best,

Chris.