[PD] pd on Vista: MIDI latency

Bjoern Hartmann bjoern at stanford.edu
Mon Jul 9 20:32:37 CEST 2007

Does anyone have experience running pd with MIDI input on Windows Vista?
I am experiencing ~1 second latency in receiving control data from a
Behringer BCD2000 midi controller. It's not a device driver issue -
the latency is not present when receiving data from the BCD in
Processing with the proMIDI library.

Here are my configuration details:
* Windows Vista Business on a new Dell Precision workstation
* Pure Data 0.39.2-extended-rc3
* Behringer BCD2000, Driver version v1.1.1.0, installed in XP compatibility mode

Test patch (just a ctlin node with three number nodes connected to outlets):
#N canvas 0 0 454 304 10;
#X obj 306 79 ctlin;
#X floatatom 288 117 5 0 0 0 - - -;
#X floatatom 323 117 5 0 0 0 - - -;
#X floatatom 359 117 5 0 0 0 - - -;
#X connect 0 0 1 0;
#X connect 0 1 2 0;
#X connect 0 2 3 0;

I'd be thankful for any hints or other experience reports.
-Bjoern

--
Bjoern Hartmann
Human Computer Interaction Group