[PD] how to make a proportional canon

Andy Farnell padawan12 at obiwannabe.co.uk
Wed Jul 11 07:11:13 CEST 2007

Have you tried using lists? A list of values interpreted as pairs of a
something and a time interval ( where the something is a note value or pointer)
make an easy way if you want to stretch or shrink the sequence in time, just
scale all the time delays.

A list sequencer takes a list in one go. It splits the first value off as a note
and plays it to the output, then chomps the next element from the list and treats
it as a delay to wait. After that delay time, it gives the rest of list (minus
the last two elements) back to itself and does it all again....

So this list plays note 44, waits 125ms then plays note 50....

[44 125 50 125 44 250 52(

until it runs out of elements.

In attached example you can scale the speed using horizontal radio bar, it
just multiplies all the time values by {0.25, 0.5, 1, 2, 4...}

--
Use the source