[PD] Pd-0.39.2-extended-rc4 released on ubuntu

patrick puredata at 11h11.com
Thu Jul 12 17:13:07 CEST 2007

hi hans,

it's working well, but 2 things:

in About pd the version is Pd version 0.39.2-extended-rc5 but the file
we downloaded is rc4.

the other thing is only related to my setup i guess. i would like to
know if anyone experience this. if i don't chmod +s /usr/local/bin/pd
then i have many glitches in pd (xruns). i am using ubuntu studio
(feisty) with the realtime kernel.

would it be possible to add an option to ask the user if he wants to
chmod +s pd? some people told me it's dangerous. is it really? pd is
already a powerful (read dangerous) software with the objet system,
shell or netreceive...

again thank you for pd-extended.
ciao,
pat