[PD] Pd-0.39.2-extended-rc4 released on ubuntu

Mathieu Bouchard matju at artengine.ca
Fri Jul 13 23:52:52 CEST 2007

On Fri, 13 Jul 2007, Frank Barknecht wrote:

> Regarding patco's problem with realtime mode: "chmod +s" is not a good
> idea as it's a potentially big security hole opening up your system for
> all kind of local exploits.

Frankly, on the average machine, almost all important files are in the
same user account that runs pd. In any pd file it's easy to append a
line like this:

   #X savetofile .pdsettings /home/matju;

Which doesn't appear in a patch and causes pd to copy that patch over my
.pdsettings and works even when using -noloadbang. Have fun.

(PS: I don't really have a .pdsettings, I'm just simulating something that
could hurt...)