[PD] Can't use standard C libraries on external compilation for windows using MINGW

Isidro Gonzalez isidro_gonsoy at yahoo.com
Sat Jul 14 19:37:52 CEST 2007

Hello:
I followed Alberto Zin's instructions for compiling pd
externals using Mingw and they worked OK.
But:
I modified de hello.c code adding the opening and
closing of a file. Of course, the <stdio.h> header
file must be added to the code.
Attached to this message is the modified "hello.c".
The code compiles Ok, and I get the hello.o using the
following command line:

C:\pd\isidro\hello>gcc -c hello.c -o hello.o

But when I try to link to get the Dll file, I get the
following message:

C:\pd\isidro\hello>ld -export_dynamic -shared -o
hello.dll hello.o c:/pd/bin/pd.dll

hello.o(.text+0x16):hello.c: undefined reference to
`fopen'
hello.o(.text+0x30):hello.c: undefined reference to
`fclose'

The same I get if I use some Standard Library Function
like <string.h> or other...
Maybe I am doing something really stupid but if you
know what's up it will save lots of time to me...
Many thanks
Isi