[PD] /etc/security/limits.conf WAS Re: Pd-0.39.2-extended-rc4 released on ubuntu

Frank Barknecht fbar at footils.org
Sat Jul 14 20:16:52 CEST 2007

Hallo,

> Can anyone make a wiki page about this on http://puredata.org/docs ?
> It would be quite handy to have.
>
> Also, I'd love to hear suggestions how to make this part of the Pd-
> extended package.  I think it makes a lot of sense to have this a
> debconf question.  I suppose setuid could be a debconf question as well.

I *really* don't think, that every audio software on the planet should
try to setup a user's system for a certain way of realtime operation.
If at all, this should be done only by the package libpam-modules or
maybe by some meta-package (e.g. "realtime-desktop") that the puredata
package could recommend.

The rlimits approach will soon be common knowledge among all Linux
audio users anyway.

Adding a note to /usr/share/doc/puredata/README.Debian would be
something to consider, of course.

Ciao