[PD] changing volume depending on frequency

Chuckk Hubbard badmuthahubbard at gmail.com
Sun Jul 15 18:11:13 CEST 2007

Howdy, Andy.
Another interesting effect (don't remember what they call it) is that at
certain high frequencies, subjects tend to report that the frequency changes
as the volume changes, when in reality the volume is all that changes.  Hmm,
I bet there was a way to say that with half as many words...
But regardless, I would personally never touch this phenomenon in my own
experiments, it's just too slippery.

-Chuckk

http://www.badmuthahubbard.com