[PD] [PD-announce] introducing [tracecall] !

Chris McCormick chris at mccormick.cx
Mon Jul 16 04:41:13 CEST 2007

On Sun, Jul 15, 2007 at 03:18:05PM +0200, Derek Holzer wrote:
> This is fairly esoteric to me. Could you give a "real world" example of
> what such an object would be used for? What need does it fulfill in your
> own patching strategies? Why did you make it?

I can't answer for matju, but it seems like this would be useful for
making sure your signal paths are connected and data is flowing in the
way that you expect. This should be obvious by reading the patch, but
in a very complicated patch it could be quicker to check with tracecall.
I think it would make it easier to fix bugs.

Chris.