[PD] PD on PS3

Andy Farnell padawan12 at obiwannabe.co.uk
Tue Jul 17 06:00:19 CEST 2007

Chris I would *love* to see anybody get Pd working on the PS3,
or indeed any modern games console - because I would like to
see Pd (or very similar software) become the de facto audio
engine for games development. All that exists at right now
are glorified sample replay engines like FMOD etc... which
are just ugly APIs. A working demonstration of Pd on the PS3
would be super!

On Mon, 16 Jul 2007 10:43:39 -0400
Christopher Murtagh <chris at ombu.ca> wrote:

>  Greetings folks,
>
>  Has anyone tried to run PD on a PS3 with any success? I'm going to give it a
> whirl in the next month or so and I'd rather contribute to an effort rather
> than re-invent the wheel.
>
>  I'm a longtime Max/MSP user and a big FLOSS fan. I've been wanting to try PD
> for quite some time, but haven't had a free moment to do so. Should I get my
> hands wet with PD on more traditional hardware first? The PS3 only has 256MB
> of RAM, which can be pretty limiting, but one of my clients is a company that
> develops a popular distro for PPC and PS3. So, any things I need to do to get
> PD to work on the PS3, I'm going to try to get into the distro as well.
>
> Cheers,
>
> Chris

Use the source