[PD] Poll: Ctrl-click to toggle editmode

Hans-Christoph Steiner hans at eds.org
Mon Jul 16 21:27:34 CEST 2007

On Jul 16, 2007, at 2:33 AM, hard off wrote:

> >>Any objections?
>

> control click on OS X has always been used to bring up the
> [properties/open/help] dialogue.
>
> command (applemark) E has always been standard for edit mode.
>

> personally, i'm finding the command-click function really annoying,
> especially when used in conjunction with other command functions
> (cut paste etc)

Have you tried the Cmd-Click that mimics the Ctrl-Click on the other
platforms?  The Max/MSP style Cmd-Click is quite annoying, but I
think the Pd style works nicely.

> but if you change it to control-click, what happens to the
> [properties/open/help] dialogue if you are not in edit mode?

Ctrl-Click is the Mac OS X standard for right-click with a one-button
mouse.

----

realize his wishes.  Now that he can realize them, he must either
change them, or perish.    -William Carlos Williams