[PD] a composition of mine made with pd

Patrice Colet megalegoland at yahoo.fr
Tue Jul 17 02:21:54 CEST 2007

Charles Henry a écrit :
>> http://megalego.free.fr/pd/scoregame/polyrytharm.pd
>>
>> For adding spice I've also divided the octave by the number of notes in
>> the polyrythm.
>
> That's really interesting, and I love the graphical output.  It's very
> whimsical, having the animated notes that go around in circles on the
> score.

Yes indeed, the patch I've provided is more about having fun with
visuals than sequencing, but I'm planning to do something more usefull
for musical score writing, the really interesting part for me is that we
can divide the time by any integer ratio, and then it give the
possibility of breaking the rules imposed by MIDI sequencing.

> it goes:
> C, A, D#, G, B#, E  (as numbers: 0,14,23,30,37,44) and the ratios
> between strings are:
> 5/3 ,  7/5 , 9/7 , 9/7 , 9/7
>
> and I have no idea what to do with it.  I work on it sometimes, but I
> don't know how it's actually useful for anything.
>
> Chuck

  This guitar could be very usefull for playing in-between notes of
arabic erudite music, and then resolve problems involved by all
differents scales used in different regions of north africa.