[PD] puredata system architecture

adam armfield adamairmailed at yahoo.com
Tue Jul 17 13:35:22 CEST 2007

>Multithread support would be quite

>moot if the GPU could be used with the same level of
flexibility that
> the
>CPU can. I don't know enough about GPUs to tell yet,
but I guess that
 >this
>is one of the next things I'll have to learn.

from memory I think nvdia recently released drivers
that allow some of their GPU's to be used for any
other computing purpose, and I think the newer GPU's
are built to be much more flexible than the old ones
(more general purpose stuff rather than task-specific
hardware if that makes sense).

all the best

adam