[PD] /etc/security/limits.conf WAS Re: Pd-0.39.2-extended-rc4 released on ubuntu

Frank Barknecht fbar at footils.org
Wed Jul 18 17:40:16 CEST 2007

Hallo,
Frank Barknecht hat gesagt: // Frank Barknecht wrote:
> By all I know, Ubuntustudio, Jacklab, Pure:Dyne and 64Studio already
> have limits.conf set up accordingly.

Or actually: I didn't check, so maybe they haven't (except pure:dyne,
which has), but it may be worth to take a look at how they do it, if
they do it, and if they don't, maybe indeed suggest a meta-package
that sets limits.conf. A puredata package as well as jackd, ardour
etc. could then recommend this package.

Just doing this for limits.conf would be trivial, but such a
"tweak-realtime" package could also include some other stuff, like
setting interrupts, checking for preempt in the kernel etc.

But to reiterate: IMO this is not something a Pd package should even
try to do itself, especially out of respect for the various
distribution policies.

Ciao